Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Don’t Let the Lunatics Speak for the Masses

Quasi politics post. You’ve been warned.

“Fella, we think that pretty much any hope you have of getting into heaven will be ruined if you blow up that building”
-Casey, Sports Night

I’m going to make this very simple. I was thinking about trying to be very elegant about it, but certain messages need to be delivered simply and clearly.

I am staunchly Pro-Life. Scott Roeder does not stand for me, my cause, my beliefs, or for anyone in civil society. What he did is known as murder, was cold blooded, and he should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

And it’s time we realize this. The lunatics on either side of an issue, be it abortion, gay marriage, environmental issues, etc., do not stand for the 99.99% of the people in the center of the bell curve that is society. Let’s not give these people any level of credence whatsoever, much in the same way that we realize that Al Qaeda does not represent the Muslim world.

No comments: