Monday, November 2, 2009

Zune and Xbox 360

One of my favorite features of the Zune software and an Xbox 360 is the ability to stream music from my PC to the Xbox. My favorite feature when it works.

Recently I upgraded to the Zune 4.0 software[1] and was unable to play my songs any longer. The issue was with the Zune Pass[2]. Fortunately, there is a reset tool that’s available to fix this. If you can’t play your music any longer on your Xbox, try this:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=86b2a33d-9bf8-45f6-89ff-b9a6236aa37d&DisplayLang=en

After running the tool, I opened up the Zune software, played a few songs, and gave it about 30 minutes to download whatever licenses it needed. After doing that, everything worked just fine.

[1] Software that puts iTunes to shame.
[2] A fantastic offering from Microsoft - $15/month for all the software you want, with the ability to download 10 DRM-free songs per month.

No comments: