Friday, June 29, 2007

Friday Five

In an effort to keep myself blogging, I'm going to add this as a weekly endeavor - Friday Five. Basically, 5 of something listed out here. It might be a list of peeves, a list of facts about yours truly, my favorite something; basically whatever comes to mind, as long as there's 5 of them.

This week, to start it off, it'll be 5 facts about me:

  1. One of my biggest personal ironies is that I feel very comfortable speaking in front of a room full of strangers (I do it for a living), but I get very nervous speaking in front of friends.
  2. I hate it when people use the word irony incorrectly. The fact that Chuck Mangione just came on the music system at the coffee shop I'm at in Texas is a coincidence (and a King of the Hill reference). A DOT truck getting pulled over, which I saw the other day, is ironic.
  3. I love Wikipedia. I grok there are inaccuracies on the site. But it's still the best starting place for finding information about anything.
  4. I overuse parentheses. (It's the developer in me.)
  5. If it wasn't for my father bringing home a VIC-20 years ago I never would have become a computer geek. That one moment in my life set fort the path that that has led me here. Thanks, Dad.

No comments: