Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday Five

Another week in Rogers, AR down. Once again, thanks out to Rod who entertained me for the week. No stories about sushi places attached to gas stations this week. Was pretty mundane. Don't get me wrong - mundane is a good thing at times.

My travel note of the week is a good one - I've reached the point where I'll occasionally get a bump up to first class, and this past Sunday was my first time getting the bump. Part of me thinks is cool that business has been so good that I've reached that point. The other part is bewildered by the fact that I've flown over 35,000 miles so far this year, and we're not even out of April.

I struggled to come up with a list this week. Again - hard to come up with ideas. But the nice part is it keeps me connected with the blog, and makes sure I have at least one post a week. Travel has been on my mind quite a bit lately, so here's my favorite cities to vist:

  1. One word: Vegas - Nothing else need be said.
  2. Washington, DC - Everyone should make at least one trip to our nation's capitol. There's tons to see, tons to do, and a trip there helps you reconnect with what this nation is really about, and not the divisive politics that rules the news.
  3. New York City - You feel like you're in the center of the world there. The culture, the food, the people watching, everything.
  4. San Francisco - For anyone who visits, you need to keep in mind that their idea of summer is very different than ours - bring a sweatshirt, or plan on buying one there. Anytime you see someone walking around in a fleece that says San Francisco on it, they bought it because they didn't realize how cold it was going to be in July.
  5. Thunder Bay, Ontario - This is a sentimental pick. There's nothing up there, but it was the getaway spot for Karin and I when we were living in Minnesota. We were lucky enough to get back there last summer and had a blast. And the drive up is just amazing, cruising along the north side of Lake Superior.

No comments: