This week can be summed up in one word: Wii! I'd been lusting after one for quite a while, but of course finding one is near impossible. It turned out to be simply luck that I found one - I wanted a New York Times for the flight to Houston, but they hadn't arrived to the airport yet. So I bought a copy of the San Diego
Fish Wrap Union Tribune. Inside was a Best Buy add advertising Wii's. I figured I'd give it a shot at a Best Buy in Houston, and sure enough - they had one. I got one of the last ones there. And a copy of Mario Crack Kart. I spent almost every night this week playing.
And in case you didn't pick up on it from above I was in Houston this week.
Oh, and I got a Wii.
I actually worked out with a trainer this week, which was a new experience. I'm not sure how often I'll be able to visit, but it was nice to actually get some direction here. Slowly but surely... But I am down a belt hole, so I figure that's good progress.
The Travel Note:
Because I didn't have anywhere in Houston to store my Wii (did I mention I got a Wii?), I wound up traveling with it. I didn't think to take it out of my bag, only to have the x-ray person ask if I had a computer in my bag. After informing her that it was a Wii, she asked me to "take my Wii out." (Yes, I'm still 12...)
With the NFL approaching on Thursday, I figured a top 5 favorite NFL memories:
- Going to preseason Jets games with my father. Yeah, I know, the games don't mean anything. But tell that to an 8 year old. I also remember one year when I was too sick to go and my father had to give away the tickets. One of my saddest moments was when my father's friend arrived to take the tickets.
- My first Chargers game. I've been a Chargers fan since I can remember, and to finally get to go to a game was a dream come true. We moved to San Diego shortly there after.
- The Bills/Chargers game the season after the Chargers signed many Bills players, including Doug Flutie. We were trailing late in the 4th, inside the 5, and Flutie (all 4'11" of him) disappeared under the rush, only to magically reappear and scamper in for 6. We were watching the game at Seau's - the place went nuts.
- San Diego 45 - NY Giants 23. It was great to beat Eli. This is only slightly better than the visual at the draft where the Chargers forced Eli to take the stage and hold the Chargers jersey.
- Every Sunday during football season.
Are you ready for some football?????