Before I get into the normal nonsense, I wanted to mention a great little show Karin and I went to with a few co-workers last night. Jonathan Coulton happened to play a cool little bar in Houston called the Mucky Duck, with the opening band being Paul and Storm. Jonathan sings a great little song named Code Monkey, which of course I love. All three are very talented, incredibly funny, and admitted geeks. We laughed, we cried, we sang along, we clapped in rhythm (well, as best as a room full of white geeks can have rhythm.) A great time was certainly had by all.
(Short PSA - go see live entertainment. Comedians and bands are meant to be seen live, not just listened to on an iPod.)
With that, here's my 5 things.... I struggled a little bit coming up with something, so after a quick search on the internets I found a list of 5 questions at Five on Friday. I didn't choose the most recent one (wasn't overly interesting to me), but I did grab this one:
- Have you ever been pulled over? How many times?
Let's see if I can remember them all:
Wrong way on a one way - verbal warning
Speeding in Minnesota twice - one ticket, one warning
Speeding in Vermont - ticket
Rolling stop - ticket
Pulled over once in Vermont by the Border Patrol (I'll tell that story later)
- What are you most likely to be pulled over for? (Speeding? Reckless driving? Expired tags/inspection? Bad signal/headlight?)
Right now - expired tags. Still need to get my car registered in the state of Texas.
- You're driving along on your merry way when you see a police car. What is your first thought?
Double check speed, and hope he doesn't pull me over for expired tags.
- When you see a cop car, do you hit your brakes or keep your foot on the gas?
Ease foot off the gas.
- What's your personal speed limit? How do you determine what it is for any given road?
Like my father taught me - always keep someone passing you.