Friday, September 28, 2007

Friday Five

Again with the questions....
  1. Do you follow current events? Why?
    As best as I can. I do it for both cultural literacy and to be a semi-informed voter.
  2. Do you believe that the media is biased? Why or why not?
    Yes. But I don't think it's biased collectively in one direction or another. I think certain organizations generally lean one direction, but on the whole it's on a person by person basis. The news is covered by humans, and we all have our opinions. Try as we might, it's very difficult to contain them and be completely objective. Plus, I'm smart enough to know when someone is being biased and filter that out.
  3. Where do you get most of your news from?
    The Internet - usually just CNN.com. I used to watch Headline News at night, but they've decided that Glenn Beck and the hideous Nancy Grace are better for ratings than simply running news capsules.
  4. Are there any particular news sources that you don't trust?
    Bill O'Reilly
  5. Describe one recent issue in the news that has piqued your interest.
    Certainly the story in Jena has caught my eye. Like so many stories, it's not nearly as black and white (literally and figuratively) as certain "leaders" would have us believe.

No comments: