Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday Five

Ok - so I'm a little late here. It's a tad strange to have a Friday where I'm not boarding a plane. I have a routine. I either peck out the Five when my kids are on lab, or sitting at the bar waiting for my flight. Needless to say, neither of those things happened today. I didn't realize today was Friday until about an hour ago.

Since I did a posting earlier about traveling, here's 5 travel tips everyone should know:

  1. Know the layout of the airport. This can help you in numerous ways. For example, there are often multiple security checkpoints available. For instance, at the San Diego airport, Terminal 2 in particular, has two different checkpoints - one that's regularly busy, and the other that normally has no one in line.
  2. Use online check-in. I know what I said about security issues. But for as long as they allow it, use it. It will save time at the airport
  3. Carry on. Saves time at the airport both when departing and arriving. And plan for carrying on - make sure you have your liquids ready to go.
  4. Hotwire is your friend, particularly when it comes to hotel rooms and rental cars. Great way to save a few dollars.
  5. Ask for what you want. This is actually from a friend's five rules for living, but I've found it particularly helpful when traveling. Don't just ask for what you want, not what you think you can get. Worst thing that can happen is they say "no" - and you're back to where you started.

No comments: