Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday Five

This was a very long week for me. I find that getting back in the saddle after a long time off can be difficult. This was my first 5 day class since the New Year, and I only had a 3 day last week. To make matters more interesting, there was a couple of issues with the first of two classes I was teaching this week, which made for a more stressful time. The cherry on the sundae was a head cold that would not let go. Fortunately, I believe it's on the way out, and hopefully I'll be healthy again for next week.

In the mean time, this week are just some observations and other things about travel:

  1. The Central Time Zone (where I spend the bulk of my time) is nice for two reasons - Mike & Mike, and prime time starting at 7p. I can't listen to Mike & Mike at home because it's off the air by the time I get up. There's also something nice about all the shows I want to watch being over by 10p. (Maybe I'm getting old...)
  2. The Pacific Time Zone is nice for sporting events. I don't have to stay up until 1a to watch the end of Monday Night Football.
  3. I'm finding that I'm talking to myself out loud a lot more because I spend so much time by myself now. I have a propensity for talking to myself as it is, but since I'm all alone in an apartment or hotel room quite often  find myself doing it even more - to the point where I'm starting to do it a bit in public.
  4. What I still don't understand is why electronic kiosks for airlines are vastly different from the terminals the actual agents have to use. In about 5 screen taps I can check myself in. The gate agent has to hit enough keys to transcribe War and Peace.
  5. I do find it depressing that I take "reverse" trips weather wise. I almost always leave better weather for worse weather. This week it's been sunny and 50-60 degrees in San Diego, while Houston blessed me with 40-50 and rainy.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

40-50 and rainy? Oh you poor thing!