Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Chicken Cacciatore

One of the things I’d meant to do with this blog is post links to recipes I’ve had success with. Currently, the list of recipes I’ve posted stands at one. Granted, it’s a great recipe, but still, there are others that need to be posted.

For whatever reason, I’ve never posted the link to the recipe I use for chicken cacciatore. I’m not sure if I can call a recipe developed by someone else my “signature dish”, but if I can then this one is it. It’s super easy and delicious. It also pairs well with both red and white wines.

The couple of notes I would add:

  • Make sure there’s enough liquid to cover the chicken. This may mean adding more wine and stock.
  • I don’t bother with the wings; I only use legs and thighs.
  • Go with about 2-3 pieces per person.
  • Adjust the amount of crushed red pepper to your desired heat level.
  • I always wind up with a good amount of fat floating on the top which I strain off. Trust me – it makes for a more flavorful dish without it.
  • If you don’t like mushrooms, this dish will change your mind. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve had people say they don’t like mushrooms and then devour every one on their plate.

The link: Emeril's Chicken Cacciatore

No comments: