Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday Five

The Perspective

There are moments in life that remind you quickly what’s important and what’s trivial. It’s those moments that you realize the vast majority of day-to-day living pales in comparison to why we live life, which is for friends, for love, and for family.

I know that you generally come here for a lighthearted look at mine and Karin’s lives, or out of complete boredom having read everything else on the internet.[1] Unfortunately, that’s going to take a backseat for this Friday Five.

If you haven’t already heard, I apologize that you’re reading it here. But recently Karin’s mother was diagnosed with a form of leukemia. She went in for chemotherapy starting on Monday, and will likely be there for 2-3 more weeks. With that, I’m going to turn the virtual floor over to Karin so she can tell the story.

My Mom, Marcy, was recently diagnosed with Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (ALM). Marcy started chemotherapy on Monday, March 28 and the first couple days of treatment went very well. The doctors and nurses are taking excellent care of her and she is enjoying surprisingly good hospital food!   :-)  We appreciate all prayers and positive thoughts, and wish Mom a speedy recovery!

The Week

There really is no smooth segue from the above into my normal nonsense. There will be plenty of time for me to babble on and on about the trials and tribulations of being me, as if it matters to anyone else. But for this week, that seems neither appropriate nor relevant.

So this is week is dedicated to Marcy. Get well soon.

[1] Sorry, it’s a Harrison trait. We tell jokes. It’s how we cope.

2 comments:

~B said...

I am keeping her in my prayers. Lots of love to all of you!

jersey said...

Thanks, Brenda