Saturday, April 23, 2011

Friday Five

The Week

Sort of in a rut travel wise. Once again, stuck in suburbia of a major metro area. This time around, Irving, just outside of Dallas. Of course, it’s not like I’d really like to go to downtown Dallas. But still.

The week itself was pretty much like a normal week. I was able to get out to dinner with an MCT friend who was in town teaching a class. I was also able to actually get out for a good run (after my despondent post from earlier this week).

The Restaurant

Normally I like to highlight something really cool here. But as I was stuck in suburbia there really isn’t much cool around here. So I’m going to highlight one of my favorite fast food places instead – Chipotle.

The reason I’m highlighting Chipotle isn’t just because of the fact they do great food, which they do. But what I really love is how easy it is to put together a healthy meal there. They let you customize everything. Half the rice, double the black beans, chicken, plenty of pico and corn salsa.

Filling. Healthy. Tasty. Done.

The Travel Note

I’m not going to get into a debate on the effectiveness of the TSA, or if liquids should be banned or not. What I will say, however, is I almost always have at least one Five Hour Energy in my computer bag at all times, and I’ve never had it confiscated. Never.

The Five

Let’s see if I can’t come up with five things about me that I haven’t already mentioned.

  1. I do wish I was a bigger hockey fan. I rather enjoy the sport. But after the strike/lockout and the move to Versus I really lost most of my passion for the sport.
  2. I can’t skate. Or ski. Or snowboard. I’ve lived in cold weather areas for many years, but never took on a cold weather sport. Probably one of many reasons I loathe the cold so much.
  3. At some point I’d like to get laser surgery to correct my eyesight. I just need to get over that concept of someone cutting my eyeball.
  4. If I could pick one feature on any plane, it’d be a power outlet. If I can plug in my laptop I’m a happy man.
  5. I didn’t go to my prom. Karin and I didn’t have a large, extravagant wedding. I don’t feel like I missed anything.

No comments: