Friday, February 8, 2008

Friday Five

Feels good having life slow down. Also feels good to be back in San Diego. Was driving with the top down yesterday and today. Also did breakfast on the patio of at one of my favorite restaurants with my brother this morning. There are certain advantages to being in San Diego in February.

As I mentioned before, I was in Seattle speaking at an MCT event this week. We got a speaker gift - a binary watch. The red one. It's very cool. And geeky.

Anyway, I don't know why I thought of doing this, but my list this week is 5 of my favorite things to drink:

  1. India Pale Ales - Or in particular, West Coast style or San Diego style Pale Ales. Beers with a lot of hops. If you're not familiar with beer, hops are what give beer it's bitterness and character. IPA's (and West Coast/San Diego style in particular) have high levels of hops.
  2. Bourbon - Bourbon is a (the?) quintessential American drink. Scots and Irish came over to the new land, wanted whiskey and had plenty of corn available. So they made it out of corn. The rest is history.
  3. Coffee - There are few things better in life than a good cup of coffee with dessert after a nice dinner.
  4. Mountain Dew - I don't drink much soda, but an ice-cold Mountain Dew out of the can is one of the best things on a hot summer day.
  5. SoBe - Yeah, they're high in sugar. But they're tasty.

No comments: