Thursday, February 21, 2008

It's what I do

Karin recently went over to my work blog (www.geektrainer.com) to have a peek at what I had going on over there. Right now it's got a couple of formatting issues, but there are a couple of technical articles. She mentioned that she could never understand what it is I do for a living.

It's kind of funny how we observe life from our own circles. I firmly believe that perception is reality, that how you perceive things is your reality.

What I do for a living to me doesn't seem that difficult. Certainly, there are challenges, which is what I relish in, but I can normally put my brain around whatever technical topic it is that I'm trying to do and teach it well. Not to brag, but I do know that I'm good at what I do. I frequently receive high amounts of praise, but to me it's simply what I do.

I have a very good friend who sells steel for a living. He's very good at what he does, and has had the knack for selling since I've known him. Heck - he was even successful doing telemarketing - he's just that gifted. I have no idea how he does it, because that's not my gift; not my thing.

Karin does work for a property management company. There's a million different regulations and otherwise that she has to know about, and that knowledge has been very valuable for our experiences in the townhouse. She also has an amazing level of patience to deal with homeowner complaints on a regular basis. What she does is something that I don't fully understand because it's not my world.

Nothing overly deep here. Just something that came up today that I thought was interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made your blog...sweet.