Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday Five

It felt strange being back in Houston this week. I hadn't been here in about a month. This was also my first time back since giving up the apartment. Staying in a hotel that was close to the training center and only having a 7 minute commute was very nice.

This week I tried very hard to avoid chain restaurants. When at home it's something Karin and I do, and it's pretty easy for us there since there's so many great restaurants right around us. When I'm traveling, I often just want something convenient, where I know there's a bar I can sit at, eat, and read. (I find that sitting at the bar alone and eating is much easier to stomach than sitting at a table alone and eating). This week I was lucky enough to find a good Greek place. Of course, the Mexican place and the sushi place were mediocre at best, but those are the risks that you take.

My travel note for the week was this morning when I went to check out. I have a habit of checking out on the TV, and if the hotel doesn't offer that, then just not checking out. Well - I learned my lesson this morning, when a $103 bar tab for one night showed up on my bill. So I wound up having to go downstairs to get the bill taken care of. Note to self - always confirm bill before leaving hotel.

The five this week - five music thoughts I'm embarrassed to admit in public.

  1. I think Bat out of Hell by Meat Loaf is one of the greatest albums. There's something about an album full of just power rock ballads.
  2. I rather enjoy ABBA. Mamma Mia is one of my favorite musicals.
  3. I loved Culture Club as a kid.
  4. I hate Santana. And Matchbox 20. The song they did together just drives me absolutely crazy.
  5. I hate, despise, and otherwise loathe Bon Jovi. I know I'm the only person on the planet, but I can't stand anything they've done.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I feel like I don't even know you anymore.