Friday, July 6, 2007

Friday Five

It's been a pretty mundane week - packing, living life, etc. Nothing really to blog about, which is why I'm glad I have the Friday Five to keep me connected to the blog. See - there is a method to my madness.

With our departure just a couple short weeks away, I figured it would be fitting to do a list of the top 5 things I'm going to miss about San Diego.

  1. Having my brothers in San Diego. I hadn't lived in the same city as both of my brothers since the age of 18, and back then it was a strained relationship at best. Now one brother lives 2 doors down from me, and the other about 8 blocks away (when he's not floating.)
  2. The friends we've made. I can't remember a time when we had managed to surround ourselves with better people. Karin and I love each and every one of you/them, and will miss you all greatly.
  3. Kickball. Yeah, it's kinda corny to list it here, but it's been a big part of my life for the last 2 years. I can still hear Jumbo yelling, "CUPS AT THE READY!!!!"
  4. The beer scene. San Diego has one of the hottest microbrew scenes, and according to Beer Advocate San Diego has collection of the best microbreweries in the world.
  5. The weather. It's currently 72 and partly cloudy, with the clouds giving way to sun later in the day. Doesn't matter what day you read this post on, I can pretty much guarantee that will be the weather.

No comments: