Well, Friday came and went and I completely spaced putting this posting up. So, a day late, here are the Friday Five. Since we've got a huge trip coming up next week, I figured 5 things about travel would be appropriate.
- I love road trips. I love the freedom. I love the scenery. I love stopping at rest areas, gas stations and the like in the middle of nowhere. I love just being in my own personal cocoon on wheels.
- I've never been off of this continent. Karin, before our honeymoon, had never been out of the country.
- Of all the trips I've taken, spending July 4th in Washington, DC is probably my favorite. It's an experience everyone should partake in at one point in their lives.
- I get motion sick very easily. Dramamine is my friend.
- My favorite mode of transportation is train. It's a shame that railways in this country have mostly been neglected.