This is a very emotional post as it will be the last one from San Diego. Or, to appease my San Diego friends, the last post for about a year. (There apparently is a pool as to when we will move back to San Diego.) Almost much anything today is bound to make me start blubbering. I'm pretty pathetic.
Anyway, I will be posting every night during our trip just to give you updates during our trip. Hopefully it will be uneventful. Knock on wood.
With that, here's 5 miscellaneous things about me:
- My favorite word by far is discombobulated. It has a great onomatopoetic quality about it. I also like phantasmagoria, but I can never work that in to a sentence.
- I normally need a TV on to fall asleep. When my head hits the pillow my brain doesn't always stop. Having the TV on gives it something to focus on. Fortunately, Karin is OK with this.
- Karin and I have voted for 2 actors for governor; Jesse once and Arnold twice. I'm hoping Chuck Norris runs for governor in Texas.
- One of my life goals is to be published. My problem is I have a hard time staying focused enough to read a book let alone actually write one. The other problem is finding both a topic and someone to publish me.
- I think the greatest high in the world is watching the light bulb turn on for a student. It's the whole reason to do this job.