Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday Five

Before I get in to my Friday Five, I do want to mention The Simpsons Movie. I went to a midnight showing last night/earlier this morning. If you're a fan of the Simpsons I can say without reservation that you will love the movie. I would mention that it does earn its PG-13 rating, and it does get a little slow in the middle. But beyond that, it's near perfect. I just wish they wouldn't have tried to tell me the word that Maggie says during the credits is her first word.

Anyway, since we just got off the road, I figured a good five would be the five things I couldn't have survived the trip without:
  1. Karin. During the trip we worked very well together and kept each other sane. There are certain things that certain couples can't do together (Karin and I can't move furniture). However, road trips seem to bring out the best in both of us.
  2. XM Radio. I prefer listening to live radio over an mp3 player, and having XM Radio certainly makes that possible without having to find a new radio station every couple of hours.
  3. Mobile Google Maps. If you have a smart phone, you can download mobile apps from Google. Mobile Google Maps is the greatest smart phone app around. It made it very easy to find hotels in the middle of nowhere, and to check distances.
  4. Sunflower seeds. I need something to keep me occupied during the long stretches of straight road.
  5. SoBe. Specifically, the Orange-Carrot Elixir. Not as sweet as soda, and it's got something healthy in there.

No comments: