Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Vegas, baby. Vegas.

Karin and I took off with some friends for Vegas this pas weekend, as a last getaway, and as a chance to blow off some steam. We've both been very stressed out, and this was a nice chance to forget about life for a while.

Karin and I arrived on Friday ahead of everyone else, and did a nice dinner at Mon Ami Gabi, which is a very affordable steakhouse inside the Paris. They have a patio that is right across the street from the Bellagio's fountains, so it is a great place to people watch, as well as watch the water show. We followed that up with a trip to the Improv, where Ralph Harris was the headliner. In all the times we've been to the Las Vegas Improv we've always had a great time and this trip was no exception. Ralph Harris is very funny, rather clean, and I will be rooting for him on Last Comic Standing which he's currently doing. The night ended with Karin hitting the penny slots and me losing my shirt at the Pai Gow table.

Our friends arrived on Saturday, and after everyone got situated we went over to the Hofbrauhaus. Always a great time there, between the live German band, the food and the beer.

Most everyone took off on Sunday morning, leaving just a couple of us behind. The three of us who were left spent a good bit of time at the ESPNZone, watching the Padre game on Sunday evening, and the home run derby on Monday (Vlad won me $10 - I just wish I would have placed my bet when he was at 10-1). The rest of my gambling was a roller coaster that ended with me even - I was even at poker, down a ton at Pai Gow (which is strange), and up a good amount at craps.

Karin and I returned to San Diego refreshed and ready to take on the rest of the move nonsense. I can't believe it's only 9 days left.

No comments: