Friday, August 24, 2007

Friday Five

I'm not exactly sure what made me think of it, but I thought for this week I'd do a five things I'd like to do before I die. And to make it a bit more interesting, I had Karin come up with a list as well.

Jersey's list:
  1. Learn another language (and the further from English the better). I don't know that I'd have the motivation to stick with it, but I'd love to be able to learn like Japanese.
  2. Get published. I don't know on what (although it would likely be computer related). Again - I'm sure ADD would kick in at some point.
  3. Travel to both the Orient and Ireland. I know they're not exactly related (or close to each other) but I didn't really want to make two items out of it. I'd also love to live there for a year.
  4. Play in the World Series of Poker. It doesn't have to be the main event.
  5. Jump out of a perfectly good airplane.
Karin's list:
  1. Take a hot air balloon ride. I’m sure it would be scary at first, then beautiful being up in the air.
  2. Visit Australia and New Zealand. For whatever reason, those countries have always appealed to me. Visiting the Great Barrier Reef would also be great.
  3. Take a train trip across the US and Canada, taking as long as we want to stop at various places. I actually had a dream last night that I was on a train, which inspired this thought.
  4. Work for the Humane Society or any sort of organization that serves / benefits animals.
  5. Win the lottery. I often joke that I’d love to win the lottery. I also joke that in order to win, we actually need to play the lottery more often!

No comments: