Friday, August 31, 2007

Friday Five

As I sit here in the George H.W. Bush Intercontinental Airport on my way to Minneapolis for my fantasy football auction, I figure it only appropriate to do a list of the five things I miss about Minnesota.

  1. Being close to friends and family. Karin and I developed some very close bonds to people, and the biggest reason I continue to be involved in the league is to stay in touch with people. Most of Karin's family is still in the area, so living in Minnesota meant we were close to them.
  2. Indian summers. It's summer's last gasp before 8 months of winter (or what feels like 8 months of winter). (Closed circuit to my San Diego readers - ask the local Canadian if you don't know what an Indian Summer is.)
  3. Snow. Don't get me wrong, I don't miss shoveling it, driving in it, scraping my car, or in any other way dealing with it. But there is something very nice about sitting inside and watching the snow come down
  4. Famous Dave's. The best ribs I've ever had. Every time I go back to Minnesota I have to stop at Famous Dave's.
  5. Being close to Thunder Bay. Thunder Bay is a small town just on the north side of the border, and it was always the getaway destination for Karin and I when we needed a weekend. (Here are some pics of our most recent trip up there.)

No comments: